Thursday, January 22, 2015

ZBrushin' stuff

Last few days I've been ZBrushing like crazy. I've started a daily sculpting challenge 6 days ago and I've been learning anatomy hardcore for a week or two now.

Here's a speed-sculpt of a torso fragment done in about 45 minutes.

ZBrush and Blender Cycles for rendering.
Pretty decent for one of my first torsos ever. But there's plenty of room for improvement!

Also, here's some random environment stuff I think is pretty decent for a 30min-1h sculpt.
I freaking love environment modeling, it's just that my computer can't really handle more than 1mil polys in ZBrush, framerate starts dropping down a lot around 600k.

Block-in in Maya, speed-sculpt in ZBrush, rendered in Blender

Speed-sculpt in ZBrush, rendered in Blender
That's it for today, I'm back onto studying anatomy as I really wanna do characters. I'll be posting more of ZBrush stuff soon!

Thanks guys,
David.

PS. I'm not currently working on my railroad station scene because I wanna seriously get some character modeling skills and also, my machine can't handle the polycount, when I added grass and modeled a few trees, I quickly hit like 70mil polygons. I'm using instances but still, viewport lags a lot so I'm planning on getting a new machine ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment