Tuesday, January 02, 2018

Desperate Lands

For the past two years or so, I've been slowly working on a fine art photography project that I currently call Desperate Lands that will eventually be made into a complete photobook.

I've basically been roaming the local wilderness around my town trying to capture the most abandoned, forsaken and depressing locations I could possibly find to really show how I see this place. Luckily, given the remoteness of the place, that's not very hard to find.

Here's just a few selected images I've shot over the last two years.








I've posted some of these on my Flickr but unfortunately, I've lost my password and I can't login there anymore so I no longer have a place for my photography work.

I've made 12x8 prints of these images and they look stunning.  Hope you're using a color-managed browser and a calibrated monitor as I spent a significant amount of time color grading these ;)

I've been putting a lot of love and sweat into this project. Lugging a bag full of camera gear in freezing weather through mud up to my knees, miles away from civilization, trying to get a perfect angle on the scene.

Anyway, I'll write a lot of stuff about this project, stories behind every image along with technical details as soon as I get my main website at davidkatara.com up and running. That should be done by the end of January 2018. For now, there are details about some of the images on my Flickr.

Hope you dig it.
David.

No comments:

Post a Comment