Monday, February 10, 2014

BMW M3 - First WIP

This is my first car model ever. I tried modeling cars many times in the past, but I've never been able to align the blueprints properly, they're just not accurate and because of that, I just stop.

Recently I've been watching many car modeling videos and I noticed that no one has perfect blueprints, they aren't really that important, they're mainly there for main car proportions, slight misalignments are not important, you just keep the reference image open and that's how you model.

I decided to model BMW M3 GTR (2008 E92), one of my favorite cars. I started in Maya and decided to swtich to Softimage because I absolutely love its UI, and I want to get better at it.

Here's a screenshot:
Click to enlarge


Cheers,
David G.

No comments:

Post a Comment